I'm not one for grand resolutions about canine wellness and longevity. Why? Because instead, I have 6 years' firsthand evidence of the awesome cumulative effect of small daily choices.
So while kicking off a 100% fresh dog food diet is advertised extensively at this time of year, it's not necessarily an immediate solution for everybody's lifestyles (or everypawdy's tummies!) And this can awesomely diminish you and your pup's shared chance of success past January...
Instead, here's 5 convenient ideas** for simply starting or progressing your fresh-feeding journey with SUBURBAN PUP in 2023:
1. Start slow and steady - Add just 1 of our fresh meal containers a week to your fur-kid's overall nutritional variety - but make it recurring. Even a 7-pack every 7 weeks can be #lifeadminhack enough to kick off good habits, with cooked/raw, reduced fat/allergen and white/red protein options available.
2. Try a new flavour - Choose a novel protein (or veggie, or supplement) from across our meals or meal mixes, and use our spoon-by-spoon transitioning guide to introduce each new product to your pup gently. Need help deciding on your next step? Contact us! [And yes, even without SP, you can totally add fresh pup-friendly tastes to their bowl from your own human-grade plate!!]
3. Give a dog (a) bone - Got your pup's diet pretty sorted, but missing a bone component? This key nutritional gap is something we noticed often amongst otherwise rad home-prep, so we created our Daily Quail Delights treatos for easy bone portioning. Dehydrated, free-range, locally-sourced, reduced allergen AND repawtedly delicious.
4. Make it takeaway - Why not book in a year's worth of grooming appointments with one of our stockists now (you know how competitive availability gets as the year progresses!) and budget to take home a fresh SP meal (or 3!) from each and every one of these visits. Best. Spa-days. Ever.
5. Kick off in Feb - Chrissy bills got your January down? Don't write the entire year off. Start your recurring order journey when you're more financially able to in Feb - our 7% discount's ongoing!
So here's to a year's worth of happy (and healthy) new days xx
**with heaps of handy links carefully compiled by Brucie (photo by Eve Editorial)